Why Choose Moveogo As Your Peterborough Moving Company?
Starting fresh in a new place shouldn’t be stressful and we are here to tell you that it doesn’t have to be! Leave the logistics of moving to us and focus on the things that matter, like picking out that new paint color or finding a new coffee spot in your neighborhood. Moveogo Movers in Peterborough remove the stress of moving from your planning to ensure a seamless experience. Our moving company offers transparency to our clients, with no hidden costs, and guaranteed pricing from your first initial quote. Contact us today for a 30-second estimate.
If you’re seeking a Peterborough Moving company that places service and transparency as the top priority, you’re in the right place. Contact our Peterborough Moving team today!
Your Peterborough Movers Guarantee
The Moveogo Peterborough mover team is dedicated to ensuring your move is a five-star experience. Our mover team offers the Moveogo guarantee – your price won’t change.
Moves Our Peterborough Moving Team Makes
- Local moves within Peterborough
- Moves from Peterborough to Trenton
- Moves from Peterborough to Belleville
- Moves from Peterborough to Bay Of Quinte
- Moves from Peterborough to Kingston
- Any move in the Peterborough Surrounding Area
Peterborough Moving Company
Peterborough, a smaller city located in Southeastern Ontario, Canada is one of the only communities in the province of Ontario that offers an urban feel paired with the rustic vibe of lakeside living. Peterborough is known to many as the ‘Electric City’ for its historic claim to being the first town in Canada to start using electric streetlights. Various water sports are performed seasonally on the Otonabee River that runs through the city and the lifestyle has been compared to that of ‘Cottage Living’ with a sense of calm and comfort. With two known mountains, this city is the definition of picturesque and dons a lively downtown foodie scene that attracts visitors from all over. If Peterborough is on your radar as a potential place on your moving destination checklist, read on to find out more about what you can expect from this city with a small-town vibe.
Things to do in Peterborough
Peterborough boasts a vibrant shopping district with Queensgate Shopping Centre located in the city center. On high street, you will find a collection of boutique stores and an expansive City Market with a lively food court serving street food and dishes from all over.
The Riverview Park & Zoo is a popular attraction for young families with children and adults alike, and luckily it is open and able to be enjoyed throughout the year with free admission. The Riverview Park & Zoo in Peterborough is home to over 45 species of animals and hosts an impressive playground with a spray park, frisbee golf, and fun and interactive train ride.
If you enjoy nature walks, you must make sure to visit Peterborough’s, Jackson Park. it is the perfect scene for a relaxing walk or picnic. A popular spot within the park is the Pagoda Bridge, a landmark of Peterborough and a great spot for small wedding ceremonies and family photos. Sports enthusiasts are in luck as well, as the park trails are able to accommodate running, cycling, or hiking, and kayaking is just a stone’s throw away.
The Peterborough Lift Lock, one of Canada’s engineering marvels, is definitely a sight to see. With the highest hydraulic lift lock in the world, a boat trip to witness the process is in order with a guided tour and the opportunity to listen to historical facts about this famous landmark. If you are thinking of moving to Peterborough, keep this on your list of things to check out on your visit.
Last but not least is Millennium Park, a popular spot for many of the city’s festivals and events such as the Purple Onion Festival or Ribfest. The Silver Bean Cafe can be found on the waterfront in the park and is a fantastic spot to stop to enjoy a cup of coffee or tea and some delectable baked goods.
Peterborough’s strengthened economy lies in advanced manufacturing, aerospace, agriculture, cleantech, small business and tourism.
Average Walk Score in Peterborough, ON
Peterborough has an average Walk Score of 41 with 78,698 residents.
How To Pack Like a Pro
- Throw, Keep or Donate. We know what you’re thinking, where did all this stuff come from? Take the time to go through your things and donate what you don’t need. This will make things easier on everyone when it’s time to unpack.
- Choose your mover company. Get a guaranteed, worry-free quote for Peterborough moving services, that are suited to your needs. Confirm specifications like the date and time of the move to make sure everyone is on the same page.
- Pack a tote of essentials. Pack the essential items for moving day into one tote or box to keep with you. Toiletries, electronics, etc. – have these items on hand just in case.
- Buy quality moving boxes. Those free boxes from your grocery store? They may seem like the best option and not to mention, they’re free! But those used boxes may have been compromised by many unknown elements like moisture, stress, and worse, bugs! You may find that the added durability of newly purchased and sturdy moving boxes to be worth the money.
- Use the right size boxes. Pack large boxes to no more than 50 pounds. Heavy items like gym weights and books should go in a smaller box to ensure the integrity of the box in kept intact.
- Label your boxes. Our most useful tip! Use color-coded labels and match them to each room. This saves you and your movers a ton of time and keeps everything running smoothly and efficiently.
Moving Supplies to Purchase
Invest in the right moving supplies to make your move to Peterborough, easy and stress-free. Let us take care of the heavy lifting.
- Durable Moving Boxes
- Bunjee Cords
- Packing Paper
- Bubble Wrap
- Packing Tape
Moving offices shouldn’t affect your productivity and the good news is that it doesn’t have to! Whether a large or small business, our movers ensure a quick and pain-free process, minimizing the need for interruptions to our operations. Moving offices requires the skill of experienced movers to ensure expensive office equipment like computers, high-end machinery, printers, etc. are not damaged in the process. Our skilled team of Peterborough movers coordinates with you and the property managers to ensure seamless relocation. These moves are not currently accepted through our automated booking system, instead, call us at 1-864-moveogo today to receive a custom quote.
Common Questions About Moving in Peterborough,
How Much Does A Peterborough Moving Company Cost?
The cost of your Peterborough movers will be dependent of a number of factors including the type of property you're moving from, the number of rooms, and the distance between locations you're moving. Use Moveogo.com's instant price calculator to get your price.
How Do Peterborough Movers Price Their Moves?
Movers in Peterborough typically use a formula to estimate the price of a move as a flat rate or an hourly rate with estimated number of hours for each worker. This is why at times, your move estimate can change drastically depending on the accumulated mover hours at the end of your move.
Why Should I Hire A Mover In Peterborough?
If you're planning on moving in Peterborough, you may be considering performing the move yourself with friends or family. However, you should consider using a local mover through Moveogo.com. Movers take a large part of the stress away from moving day, they will look after the loading, transportation, and unloading of all of your furniture and boxes so you can focus on the important aspects, like decorating!
Are Peterborough Movers All Insured?
Moveogo movers are always fully insured. Mover's insurance is critical as it can protect you and your valuables from damage and liability caused by your movers. When book a moving company be sure to always book with a fully insured moving company.